With over 130 surveys filled out so far (there’s still time people!) here is what we have learned about the preferences and habits of wine shoppers everywhere:
- Somewhere around $15 - $20 is the sweetest of sweet spots for a bottle of wine.
- Some wine shoppers spend slightly more on gift wines but some spend less than they would spend on themselves – know who your friends are!!
- Price is not the driving factor in choosing a wine shop. It is a factor, sure, but not as influential as you might think.
- Once again, it’s all about location, location, location. Most people shop at their “nice” neighborhood wine store.
- There are a lot of self-proclaimed connoisseurs out there, followed closely by enthusiasts who are just discovering wine but like to be the first to try new wines. Many of these enthusiasts use the internet to search for wine information. Hmmm, sometimes market research makes good sense.
- People are lovin’ that fabulous juice from the great state of
. CalifornIA Franceand Italymade a play for “favorite region” but both were ultimately left in the Rutherford dust (sorry, inside wine lovers joke!) California
- We were (justly, I suppose) chastised for at first not including
in the questions regarding wine regions. We added the region but sadly it never had the chance to catch up. Lo siento! Spain
Lots of great stuff and tons of insightful commentary. Thanks again. We promise to use the information for good and not for evil. No, really! Cheers.